Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The easiest project EVER!!!

Well, I'm convinced that what I am about to show you it the easiest project that I have ever done! It literally took only like 5 minutes! AND cost only 4 bucks!


First, I have to tell you that I have an unhealthy relationship with vinyl. I love it! I want to put it on everything. Walls, furniture, wood. You name it, I want to do it! Now, my dilemma starts with the fact that the hubs and I rent a house and if anyone out there has ever used vinyl, well, once it goes on a wall, it is going to stay on a wall. So, as a renter, I had to find a way to use my love of vinyl in a less permanent way. So this is what I picked up at Joann's for 80% off! Yes, 80% off! I saw the clearance sign and I almost bought everything they had (which in my town is a lot, we have a Joann's Superstore).


This is it. I loves it from the moment I saw it. I stored it for like 2 months until I could decide what to do with it. I knew I wanted to make it into a mirror of some kind but having a mirror cut to a specific size is super, duper expensive. ANd well, this blog IS called the Thrifty Gal. So I stared at it. Dreamt about it. And one day the heavens opened up. We had just moved into our house and the hubs and I were having a yard sale. My MIL decided she was going to bring over a couple things that she no longer needed. And that is when I saw it. In all its round, glass glory!




To some, this mirror might be "garbage city," but to me, it screamed potential! THe best part people, is that it was FREE! Yup my MIL just gave it to me, she did not want it. Don't you love that word! Well, it wasn't a completely clean mirror. Please note the 1970's edged flowers on it.




Aren't they just beautiful?!! (Heavy sarcasm here).

So anywho, next step was to clean it with a little windex. Apply the vinyl (just follow the instructions on the package, it is sooo easy).





And the finished project! Honestly, after I applied the vinyl, you could barely see the flowers on the mirror. Isn't it great! Turned out better than I had imagined!





Now, my next dilemma, where do I hang it up! Currently, it is in my bedroom but it doesn't feel right. Stay tuned to see where I put it.
Judith
















No comments:

Post a Comment